Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Final Project for Intro to Photography










 Project Description
The theme of my final project was unnoticed beauty in nature. I wanted to do a project that used shallow depth of field and the macro setting on my camera. The goals I had with this project were to have my pictures show nature, show detail, and I wanted a very cohesive body of work. I did a great deal of experimenting and planning with this project. Since this was the last project I wanted it to be my very best work of the entire semester, and I really like what I came up with. With this project I wanted to be able to show people how I see things. Ever since I started taking this class (intro to photography) I have started to see everything as pictures or something that could be a picture. I started looking for detail, and when I was looking for it I found it. For all of my photographs I tried to stay with a theme of nature, a similar color scheme (black, white, brown, tan, green, and orange- in a large variety of shades), and I wanted all of my photographs to be very clear and in focus. Even though I was photographing very different objects, I wanted my pictures to flow together. They were intended to be displayed as a group and not as individual pictures.
                My hope for my final project is that whoever sees the pictures as a whole will be able to enjoy them, and that the viewer will be able  to see something that could have been easily over looked, but that is, nevertheless, beautiful.  I loved this project, it helped me open my eyes, I really enjoyed working with my macro setting and learning more about the concept of shallow depth of field, and probably the hardest thing about this project was that I had so many pictures that I really struggled narrowing it down to my top ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment